1. Wake up early in the morning and take a bath in clean water. Try to mix Gangajal with the clean bath water if possible.
2. Put on clean clothes and take a vow to fast in the name of Lord Vishnu
3. Worship Lord Shri Vishnu and pray for the things you want in life.
4. Only consume fruits, milk and dry fruits on this day.
5. Avoid eating rice, cauliflower, spinach, turnip, et cetera even if you are not keeping a fast on this day.
6. Listen to the respective Ekadashi Vrat Katha and remember Lord Vishnu.
7. Chant the shloka, “Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevaya Namah” while meditating.
8. Break the fast on the Dwadashi during the Parana Muhurat that falls on the morning after Ekadashi.
9. To break the fast on the Dwadashi, wake up early in the morning and bathe in clean water. Then remember Lord Shri Hari Vishnu and consume Sattvik food.